Rules of the Competition
• The competition will be conducted in two rounds: preliminary and final round.
• Number of finalists is not limited.
• No age limit.
• Preliminary round
– free choice of program, total time maximum 12 minutes, contrasting styles.
• Final round - free choice of program, total time maximum 20 minutes, contrasting styles.
Wishes to claim the prize for the best performance of the Israeli composer
must perform it in Final round. Approximate duration of the piece is 5 minutes.
The piece: Boaz Ben-Moshe, "iDance"
To download the scores here: iDance.pdf
Conditions for participation:
• Guitarists of any age and nationality can take part in the competition.
• Contestants do not have the right to participate in different rounds with the same piece. In such a case their participation will be considered invalid.
• No change in the contestants' program will be accepted after the expiry of the deadline for submission of applications.
• Contestants who wish to withdraw should notify the secretariat of the competition in time. The registration fee will not be refunded for any reason.
• The organizers of the competition have the exclusive rights of recording, radio or television broadcasting of a part or even the whole of the competition, as well as the use of any material related to the competition (names, photographs, etc).
• Contestants should perform the works of the program of each round from memory and observe the time duration.
• The 1st prize winner has no right to participate in following editions of "Guitar Gems" international competition as a contestant.
• The deadline for submission of application forms and deposit of registration fee is September, 05, 2015.